Start With a Free Custom Quote
Give us two minutes and we will give you a free insurance quote. Friendly, expert help is ready when you are.
What You Get
Customized Insurance Policy
- New Policy
- Customized Policy
- Uniquely Tailored Policy
- Thoroughly Focused Policy
Premium Insurance Service
- Full-service offering
- Claim/Maturity Settlement
- Loan Processing Assistance
- Change/Update of Name & Address
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of paying your LIC premiums through net-banking/phone-banking?
- You can decide and authorize payments 24hrs a day * 7days a week because of anywhere & anytime access to the internet.
- You can issue payment instruction within the comforts of your home or office, and avoid personal visits to the LIC branch.
- You will save time by not waiting in queues for making the payment.
- You can avail the free service from LIC, as you don’t have to pay any charges to LIC or its authorized agencies for this additional benefit.
- You can choose the bank account you want to pay from, any or all of your bank accounts can be registered with the service provider.
- You can decide in advance the date on which you want your account to be debited.
- You can choose to modify your instructions during the intervening time.
- You will get reminders and alerts by email from the banks and service providers about the premium dues.
- You can avoid expenses of postage/courier in sending the remittance to LIC.
- You can avoid demand draft/pay order charges for outstation policy premiums.
- You can also view your premium dues and other policy details.
Which policies are eligible for payment of premiums through this facility?
- Policies that are being serviced in networked branches, or those policies which can be accessed through our MAN (Metro Area Network) or WAN (Wide Area Network).
- Policies that are of the ordinary mode of payment ie. Yearly (Yly), Half-yearly (Yly) or Quarterly (Qly).
- Policies with the mode of payments such as single premium, ordinary monthly (Mly) and Salary savings scheme (SSS) are not available for this facility.
- Policies should reflect in-force policy status. Lapsed policies or policies due for revival are not valid.
What are the charges to be paid for availing this facility?
- This facility is absolutely free for the policyholders of LIC.
- LIC has agreements with the authorized banks/service providers wherein LIC will pay a mutually agreed charge per transaction on a monthly basis. Customer will not be charged for availing this payment facility
Which organisations are authorised to collect LIC premiums through their net-banking/phone-banking facility?
- Authorised Banks:
HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Punjab, UTI Bank, Federal Bank, Corporation Bank, and Citibank.
- Authorised Service Providers (available only in select cities):
BillJunction.com, Timesofmoney.com, and BillDesk.com.
Who can register with the authorised banks?
- You as our policyholder having a bank account with any of the above-mentioned authorized banks in any of its branches in India.
- You should have opted for the net-banking facility with the respective bank. Details of the same can be obtained from the respective bank through its web-site. Downloadable forms are also available for new customers.
- You should be able to access the net-banking account with the login & password provided by the bank.
- For more details about net-banking, you may log on to the respective bank’s website.
Who can register with the authorised service providers?
- You as our policyholder having a bank account in any bank in the select cities where the above-mentioned service providers have their operations.
- On being approached, the service provider obtains a written mandate from you, authorising him to realise the billed amount directly from your bank account. You may have to give the bank account details and other requisite details as required by the service provider.
In which cities do the authorised service providers operate from?
- BillJunction[dot]com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad & Pune.
- TimesofMoney[dot]com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, & Bangalore.
- BillDesk[dot]com has its operations in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Baroda & Surat. They also have tie-ups with their partner banks viz. Bank of Baroda, IDBI Bank, ABN-AMRO Bank.
How to add the policy details at the authorised bank/service provider’s web-site?
- Using the login & password provided by the bank/service provider, you can log on to your account page at the bank/service provider’s website.
- You have to add LIC as biller with the policy details and other requisite information. In general, you would have to enter the policy number, the instalment premium, email-id and any other information. This is a one-time process for each policy.
- Some of the service providers/banks’ web-sites have a demo page showing the process of adding the billers.
How does LIC acknowledge the registered policy details?
- The bank/service provider sends these details to LIC for validation & confirmation of the registration data at pre-determined intervals.
- LIC validates the registration data and informs the bank/service provider about the registration status. Since LIC’s database is de-centralized, generally it takes a week’s time for confirmation of registration data.
- A consolidated database of registered policies is maintained by LIC. This database is updated at regular intervals on the basis of changes received from the original servicing branches.
- LIC also sends auto-mailers to the registered policyholders informing the registration status.
When can I pay the insurance premiums?
- On confirmation of the registration, LIC will regularly send the bills/invoices mentioning the due dates, premium amount, late fees, validity date, etc to the service provider/bank.
- As and when premium becomes payable under the registered policy, LIC sends the bills to the bank/service provider, and the information will be displayed by the bank/service provider in your net-banking account page.
How to pay the insurance premiums through the banks/service providers?
- You have to log on to the bank/service provider’s website.
- On the web page, you have to signify the date on which you want your account to be debited and click the consent for the payment. You may even specify a particular account in case of multiple bank accounts.
- The authorized Bank will debit your bank account, consolidate the payments and send the consolidated amount to LIC in form of bankers’ cheque / payorder.
- The authorized service provider will send the instructions to the bank branch (as mentioned in your mandate form) through the RBI’s Electronic Clearance System and the bank will debit your account and credit the same to the service provider’s bank account, who’ll then remit the amount to LIC.
- Some service providers have autopay facility (where you can issue standing instructions to the service provider to debit your account as when the bill becomes payable), or phone-banking facility (where the you can issue telephonic payment instructions)
How will the payment get accounted under the policy?
- All consolidated payments from the Banks/Service providers are received at LIC, Branch 883 (under Mumbai Divisional Office – I), Yogakshema (West Wing), Ground Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
- Through batch processing in Internet module, premium transactions & renewal premium receipts are generated for each policy number.
- Renewal premium receipts for the same are printed and dispatched by ordinary post.
- Premium transactions pertaining to branches other than Branch 883 are sent to the respective servicing branch through the present network programs.
- All unadjusted premium collections are refunded to the Service provider/bank. Emails will be sent to the registered policyholders’ email-ids informing the status of the registrations/payments.
What are the important points to be noted for availing this payment facility?
- Once registered for Premiums payments through Net-Banking/Phone-Banking, you should avoid paying at cash counters, because there are many instances where payment for the same due-month is received twice.
- Since renewal premium receipts are dispatched to the postal address as per your policy records, please ensure that your policy records are updated with your current address.
- In case you have not received the renewal premium receipt, you may collect the premium paid certificate from the servicing branch of your policy. Duplicate receipts cannot be printed in any case.
- Since we have de-centralized database structure, the collections are not adjusted online, the transaction has to reach the destination servicing branch of your policy for updation of the policy status. Hence there is short time-lag between the date of debit in your bank account and the date when the policy reflects the updated status.
Life insurance is not the most pleasant matter to think about — but when we die, our family might be relieved we signed up for a policy.
It provides a tax-free lump sum of money to replace lost income in our absence. It offers affordable financial protection and invaluable peace of mind to people whose friends or family rely on them.
The money from a life insurance policy can be used to pay expenses like a loan, utility, grocery bills, children’s education costs, funeral expenses, any financial liabilities we have. If you have insurance coverage, your debts will not be a burden for your family members.
It helps to achieve long-term goals such as buying a home or planning your retirement. We can ensure we have a regular stream of income every month with a life insurance plan.
Health insurance has become a necessity for us owing to a rise in our lifestyle diseases and double-digit medical inflation in India every year.
It is a type of insurance that offers financial coverage for medical expenses, in case of a medical emergency. It provides insurance coverage with multiple benefits, including cashless hospitalization, day-care facility and coverage for terminal and critical illness too. The government also encourages it by rendering the tax deductions.
As a smart investor, we are aware of the importance of preserving our hard-earned money. We should have to make sure that nothing comes in our way of treatment or care when required.
Get an honest expert advice on Health Insurance that best suits our family’s needs.
Our Happy Customers
“We strongly believe in the value of word of mouth because it is a priceless asset for any small business, and word of mouth marketing is hands-down the most effective and reliable type of marketing. We take customer feedback into take forward.”
"I was confused which policy to take for self and family. I get connected with such a reliable, knowledgeable advisor who cleared my all doubts regarding insurance cum investment. I took so many policies for my entire family. "
"Happy to take policy. I got peace of mind. All requirements has been incorporated. I can recommend him with full confidence if you are really serious about you and your family. He has lot to say but nothing to hide."
"I have been knowing him for a few years. He has always been the MOST helpful for any situation we have been in. We keep taking policy because we really get the absolute best deal for our insurance coverage...can't be beat! So happy we found him!"
Delhi, New Delhi
Put You & Your Family in Good Hands
Get In Touch
We are here to help and answer any questions you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.